MAYNARDS MARKET & KITCHEN ASSISTANT MANAGER
Recognized by Arizona Highways as one of Arizona’s Best Restaurants, Maynards Kitchen will consistently delight you with wonderful food & wine, its hip, spirited bar, and lively atmosphere. Along with sister business, the Hotel Congress, Maynards has been the anchor of downtown dining, serving up local, innovative cuisine through a seasonal menu since 2008. The fast and casual Market satisfies hungry locals and travelers alike. Maynards Market offers delicious house baked pastries, made-to-order sandwiches and salads, an amazing happy hour, a carefully curated retail wine selection, and specialty coffee drinks.
We are seeking an Assistant Restaurant Manager for both the Market and Kitchen.
Candidates must be self-motivated, professional, and energetic leaders, with a natural inclination for effective communication, excellent interpersonal skills, and the innate ability to excel in a team-oriented environment, but also on your own. Our ideal candidate possesses a deep love for food and wine, with a professional understanding of food service, hospitality, team leadership, retail merchandising, and Pima County Health Code standards/regulations. We’d be extra excited if you have your Sommelier certification, some back of house experience, and food/wine retail experience.
- 2 years Restaurant Supervisor/Management experience
- Experience supervising a staff of 10+, including hiring, firing, corrective action, and scheduling
- Incredibly detail oriented with an intrinsic desire for perfection
- Experience in inventory control and ordering
- L/B/W knowledge (Sommelier certification is a plus)
- Upscale Food/Wine retail is a plus
- Knowledge of Open Table and Aloha is a plus
- Strong leadership ability
- Excellent hospitality
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work mornings and afternoons, weekends, and holidays
- Competitive bonus/incentive program, in addition to base salary
- Health insurance after 3 months, Hotel Congress pays a set amount of premiums
- Dental insurance after 3 months, Employee pays 100% of premiums
- 401(k) plan, Employee eligible after 1 year of service, immediately vested with up to 4% match
- Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Leave, and select Holiday Pay after 90 days
Status: Salaried Exempt
Job Type: Full-time
Base Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year