Maynards Market & Kitchen PASTRY CHEF
Recognized by Arizona Highways as one of Arizona’s Best Restaurants, Maynards Kitchen will consistently delight you with wonderful food & wine, its hip, spirited bar, and lively atmosphere. Along with sister business, the Hotel Congress, Maynards has been the anchor of downtown dining, serving up local, innovative cuisine through a seasonal menu since 2008. The fast and casual Market satisfies hungry locals and travelers alike. Maynards Market offers delicious house baked pastries, made-to-order sandwiches and salads, a carefully curated retail wine selection, and specialty coffee drinks.
Maynards Kitchen is hiring for an experienced part-time Pastry Chef.
The Pastry Chef prepares a variety of desserts, pastries and other sweet or savory goods. Your skill in baking high quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop new complex tastes and recipes. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for measuring, mixing, proofing, and baking delicious creations. Beyond the mixer, the ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills and the ability to cost out recipes to ensure appropriate food costs. They must adhere to health and safety standards to ensure the best final product for our guests.
- 5 years professional pastry experience
- 2 years in a Chef or Kitchen Manager role
- A very clear understanding of flavors, textures, and tastes
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to write, read, and follow recipe specifications
- Innate understanding and execution of baking and pastry techniques
- Scale, mix, work, proof, and bake dough and batter
- Decorate cakes, individual desserts/pastries, and cookies
- Evening, weekend, and holiday availability
- Strong work ethic
- Health insurance after 3 months, Maynards pays a set amount of premiums
- Dental insurance after 3 months, Employee pays 100% of premiums
- 401(k) plan, Employee eligible after 1 year of service, immediately vested with up to 4% match
- Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Leave, and select Holiday Pay after 90 days
Compensation: $33,000-$35,000, dependent on experience
Status: Salaried Exempt
Job Type: Full-time