The Historic Hotel Congress will be the creative heart and cultural hub of Tucson, beacon of the Southwest. We strive to inspire the local community and world traveler with a unique experience, the best in entertainment, exceptional dining, and unsurpassed hospitality. Every Guest, Every Time!
The Facilities Manager directly supervises and managers all aspects of the Hotel Congress/Maynards Market and Kitchen and it’s surrounding property. The position is primarily responsible for managing all engineering/maintenance/cleanliness operations at the Hotel Congress, Cup Café, Tap Room, Club Congress, Copper Hall, Maynards Market and Kitchen including but not limited to mechanical and electrical systems, pumps, HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, locks, furniture, fixtures and equipment, paint, wall coverings, tile and the overall physical property, with particular attention towards safety, security, asset protection and full compliance with business standards as well as applicable local, state and federal law, codes and regulations. The incumbent will also be responsible for effectively managing engineering related capital projects.
· Develops and manages an effective quarterly preventive maintenance program to ensure that guestroom condition is in above average condition, machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently and safely, and the physical condition of the Hotel building does not deteriorate.
· Oversees the upkeep, rehabilitation, and maintenance of the entire facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs as well as applicable local, state, and federal law, codes, and regulations
· Determines schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities and events, based on work priority, quantity of equipment, and skill of personnel, monitors timecards, reviews payroll, and manages labor standards.
· Assists with selection of contractors/vendors but oversees workers who complete additional services or specific pieces of projects for the Hotel, such as painting, plumbing, repair work, renovations, and replacement of furnishings and/or equipment
· Assists with review of vendor/consultant contracts, suppliers and subcontractors including all applicable supplies, timelines, costs, etc.
· Monitors tool and part inventories and the condition and maintenance of the shop to ensure an adequate supply of necessary tools and parts.
- Monitor monthly hotel R/M expense line
- Manages department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Effective verbal communication in English
- Lifting 20-50 lbs (trays, cooling racks, bulk ingredients, etc.)
- Pushing 50-150 lbs
- Carry 20-50 lbs (trays, cooling racks, bulk ingredients, etc.)
- Must be able to have balance and maneuver throughout business
- Need to be able to stand for long periods of time – 90% of shift minimum
Core Personality Qualities:
Must be available to work weekends, holidays,
Salaried Exempt Position – $50,000.00 – 56,000 DOE
Benefits as follows:
· Health insurance after 3 months, Hotel Congress pays a set amount of premiums
· Dental insurance after 3 months, Employee pays 100% of premiums
· Vision insurance after 3 months, Employee pays 100% of premiums
· 401(k) plan, Employee eligible after 1 year of service
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $56,000.00 /year