THE PREMIER SPECAIL EVENTS VENUE AT HOTEL CONGRESS
At the heart of downtown Tucson, Copper Hall at Hotel Congress embodies Southwest elegance with its shining tile floors, arched doorways, and floor to ceiling windows. At night, the copper flecked walls glow under chandeliers and candlelight, making Copper Hall one of the most beautiful historic event venues in Tucson.
Our guests love Copper Hall for its unique and memorable ambiance; not to mention, it is only steps away from the most popular dining and entertainment destinations in Tucson – our very own Cup Café and Club Congress. Copper Hall guests can take advantage of all that Hotel Congress has to offer – whether they gather at the lobby bar for a drink after a conference, or stay overnight in one of the vintage style rooms.
POSITION TITLE: Private Events Server
REPORTS TO: Private Event Director
The Private Events Server is responsible for set-up and break-down duties, serving all guests with proper technique and professionalism, and following all directions and needs presented by the guest and/or Private Events Director.
To provide private event guest services in an efficient, friendly, TEAM minded and safe manner that will benefit other employees and result in guest and client satisfaction.
- Has basic knowledge of how-to set-up private event space by arranging tables, chairs, table linens, china, silverware, glassware, and centerpieces; attends set-up days.
- Assists servers in arranging beverage stations and food stations and any other necessities asked for on the BOE.
- Attends to all guests by warmly greeting them as they arrive and filling drinks as needed throughout the night.
- Delivers guest meals from the kitchen; gathers needed condiments and accompaniments before the event (salt, pepper, butter, bread) and refills throughout the night; provides beverage services; responds to special requests or asks a server for assistance; knows basic ingredients of food and preparation method for each item served (found on BOE).
- Maintains dining experience by removing courses as completed around the room; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs; maintains a warm environment and assists the guests by asking to remove courses, how their meal was, or if there is anything they would like.
- Clears private event space by retrieving perishable foods; clearing tables; breaking down waiting and beverage stations, tables, and chairs; removing trash; restocking supplies and placing dishes in proper areas.
- Continues to strive for greater knowledge by participating in employee training sessions and meetings; accepts ownership for accomplishing new and different tasks; explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Protects other employees and guests by adhering to sanitation and safety polices; maintains clean and orderly work areas.
- Sincerely express core personality qualities.
Core Personality Qualities:
- Courteousness – Polite, considerate, and helpful
- Sincerity – Genuine common care and concern for the well-being of your guests and your fellow employees
- Patience – While the job can be difficult at times, don’t let them see you sweat; stay positive
- Self-Motivation – When you see something that needs to be done, you do it
- Persistence – constantly strive to improve
- Sense of Urgency – determination to execute correctly, efficiently, and in a timely manner
- Sense of Ownership – Take pride in where you work and what you do. Our reputation as a whole represents you and it affects your ability to make money; feel free to give constructive feedback
- Integrity – Possess and adhere to high personal and professional standards
- Working well under pressure
- Working well within a team
- Flexible, as no two shifts are alike
- Verbal communication, Presentation skills, Customer Focus, Customer Service
- Lifting 20-40 lbs (trays, dish racks, glass racks, etc.)
- Pushing 50-100 Lbs (portable bar)
- Carry 20-40 Lbs (trays, dish racks, glass racks, etc.)
- Must be able to have balance and maneuver between seated guests
- Need to be able to stand for long periods of time – 90% of shift minimum
Flexible; scheduled days and times will vary due to need basis only.
Employee must commit to working 2 events per month, minimum. Failure to do so will result in termination.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
The compensation for this position is a combination of tips and hourly wage. The hourly wage is $8.05 plus equal share of gratuity pool based on hours worked.