Maynards Market and Kitchen seeks self-motivated, professional, and energetic leader, with a natural inclination for effective communication, excellent interpersonal skills, and the innate ability to excel in a team-oriented environment, but also as well on their own. Our ideal candidate possesses a deep love for food and wine, with a professional understanding of food service, hospitality, team leadership, retail merchandising, and Pima County Health Code standards/regulations. We’d be extra excited if you have your Sommelier certification and food/wine retail experience.
Recognized by Arizona Highways as one of Arizona’s Best Restaurants, Maynards Kitchen consistently delights you with wonderful food & wine, its hip, spirited bar, and lively atmosphere. The fast and casual side, Maynards Market, satisfies hungry locals and travelers alike offering delicious house baked pastries, made-to-order sandwiches and salads, an amazing happy hour, a carefully curated retail wine selection, and specialty coffee drinks.
Along with sister business, the Hotel Congress, Maynards Market and Kitchen has been the anchor of downtown dining, serving up local, innovative cuisine through a seasonal menu since 2008.
We are seeking a Restaurant Manager for both the Market and Kitchen.
Candidates must have pervasive knowledge of hospitality standards, food, beverage, and restaurant operations, specifically lunch and dinner meal periods. Proficiency in reading and working with P&L’s is a must. They must be an effective decision maker and problem solver who excels in a team environment, but also on their own. A motivated person who leads by example and thrives when they roll up their sleeves and work side by side with their team. This is a hands on management position comprised of about 20% office time and 80% restaurant time.
- 3-5 years Restaurant Management experience
- Experience supervising a staff of 30+
- 3-5 years Lunch/Dinner experience in an Expo, Server, Supervisor, or Manager role in an Upscale Restaurant
- Incredibly detail oriented with an intrinsic desire for perfection
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership ability
- Extensive liquor, beer, and wine knowledge – Level 1 Sommelier a plus
- Excellent hospitality
- Aloha proficient is a plus but not mandatory
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work mornings and afternoons, weekends, and holidays
- Competitive bonus/incentive program, in addition to base salary
- Health insurance after 3 months, Maynards Market and Kitchen pays a set amount of premiums
- Dental insurance after 3 months, Employee pays 100% of premiums
- Vision insurance after 3 months, Maynards Market and Kitchen pays a set amount of premiums
- 401(k) plan, Employee eligible after 1 year of service, immediately vested with up to 4% match
- Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Leave, and select Holiday Pay after 90 days
Status: Salaried Exempt
Salary – $45,000 – $50,000 commensurate with experience.