CUP CAFE GENERAL MANAGER
Cup Cafe, the signature Hotel Congress restaurant, attracts every walk of life for its eclectic American fare served seven days a week, 365 days a year in downtown Tucson. The Cup is an award-winning destination for locals and visitors alike, complete with a full bar, dining room, and plaza seating. Expect a wait for breakfast on the weekend — itʼs the best in town – but the build your own Bloody Mary bar helps the time pass quickly.
Voted Best Place to Work 2016 by Tucson Metro Chamber (and nominated in 2014), working at Hotel Congress and Maynards Market & Kitchen lives up to the hype. We are professionals, we are fun, we have purpose, and we are family. Join us.
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position.
Under the direction of the Proprietor, the Cup Cafe General Manager is expected to manage all aspects of operations for the front of house and back of house Cup Cafe. This includes meet/exceed budgetary expectations, provide/oversee excellent hospitality standards, ensure outstanding food and drink quality, direct all aspects of staffing and training, menu development, and all other tasks assigned by your direct supervisor. The incumbent is responsible for supervising the creation of seasonal food menus, the cocktail, beer & wine lists, happy hour, nightly drink specials, staffing, food/beverage/supply COGS, inventory, and overall profitability for the Cup Cafe.
You are an outstanding communicator with excellent multi-tasking skills and are able to excel when you’re flying solo or in a team-oriented environment. As an effective decision-maker and strong problem solver with a die hard work ethic, you are never afraid to roll up your sleeves to offer hands-on support to your team.
Applicants must have –
- comprehensive understanding of inventory control, ordering, menu costing, and labor control
- effective food ordering/inventory ability
- financial planning/projecting/cost control experience
- the willingness and ability to complete any task you assign to your staff
- a deep love and advanced understanding of wine/beer/spirit/mixology/food/pairing
- the ambition and drive to find time to pursue continuing education and maintain industry trends in hospitality, food, spirits, beer, and wine.
- exemplary technology skills
- Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel particularly)
- restaurant management software (Open Table, inventory software, web-based ordering)
- advanced POS experience (in Squirrel, Micros, Aloha, etc. Aloha preferred)
- PC and mobile device competency
- command of social media platforms and how to interact with guests via social media
- extensive experience managing multi-level team members, from entry level to middle management
- 10 years restaurant management experience, minimum
- bachelors in hospitality or business management is preferred
- open and flexible availability with the understanding that nights, weekends, and holidays must be worked
- $60,000-$65,000 annually
- 10% annual goal-based bonus plan
- health, dental, PTO, paid sick leave, holiday pay, and 401k