MAYNARDS MARKET & KITCHEN SOMMELIER & DINING ROOM MANAGER
The Sommelier and Dining Room Manager is a genuine, charismatic, influential, hard-working person who always has their eye on perfecting service, increasing sales, and providing wine education to our guests and employees. S/he is a perfectionist with a very sharp attention to the tangible and intangible details, noticing everything from a spot on a wine glass to the body language of our guests. You are hospitable and gracious – always understanding that the guest might not always be ‘right’ but they are never wrong.
This position’s aim is to achieve the highest degree of service and to reach or exceed revenue targets. As a key member of the leadership team, you will share you passion and excitement about upscale service and wine through continuous education to the wine serving staff regarding wine etiquette, wine attributes, wine sales ability, and general wine knowledge. You are not only a person who serves wine, but also a teacher who educates clients on the merits of different wines and vintages while ensuring a smooth meal service in all capacities. You are a liaison between the FOH and BOH staff, ensuring clear communication throughout service and you touch tables, ensuring we are meeting our guest’s standards. A keen eye for detail and a desire for perfection are necessary for this position.
Job Duties –
- Create and actively maintain seasonal wine list for market and kitchen
- Assist Restaurant Manager with operational duties
- Lead and host bi-weekly wine tastings
- Supervise dining room on restaurant manager’s nights off
- Ordering and inventory of wine list
- Apply for annual Wine Spectator Award
- Assist in organizing all wine-centric events, including annual From Grapes to Glass wine festival
- Oversee and grow Wine Club
- Wine pairings for special menu dinners
- Actively selling and educating on dining room floor
- Certified Sommelier
- Experience curating wine list
- Minimum 2 years supervising staff experience
- Minimum 3 years fine dining experience
- TIPs or Title IV certified
Voted Best Place to Work 2016 by Tucson Metro Chamber of Commerce. Benefits include health, dental, and pet insurance; 401k with company match; paid vacation time and paid sick time; college savings plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year