Come to the annual two-day spectacle in honor of the capture of America’s most notorious outlaw by the Tucson Police Department and the Tucson Fire Department. Experience the re-enactment of his downfall by the hands of Tucson law enforcement, famously known for succeeding with Dillinger’s arrest when the FBI couldn’t. Mobs of history buffs, fans of the 1930’s, and pop culture enthusiasts crowd the historic Hotel Congress annually to pay homage to the man that famously earned the title Public Enemy No. 1 and his nationally-renowned apprehension.
Celebrate Dillinger’s Famous Capture and All Things
1930’s at Hotel Congress This January
Mobs of history buffs, fans of the 1930’s, pop culture enthusiasts, and more crowd the historic Hotel Congress annually to pay homage to the man that famously earned the title Public Enemy No. 1 and his nationally-renowned apprehension. Each year The Hotel Congress hosts a two-day spectacle in honor of the capture of America’s most notorious outlaw by the Tucson Police Department and the Tucson Fire Department.
DILLINGER SPEAKEASY – FRIDAY, JANUARY 20 and the launch of del Bac 1919
7 PM TO 10 PM
Dillinger Days weekend begins with the Dillinger Speakeasy, an exclusive Hotel Congress experience to travel back to the 1930’s. Celebrate the first night of Dillinger Day’s weekend with whiskey tasting, delicious appetizers, live music, premium cigars, era related entertainment and historic fun!Proceeds go to the Greater Tucson Fire Foundation raise funds to assist with the unmet needs in the fire-service community in the areas of advanced training, technology, survivor’s help, education campaigns, firefighter health and wellness, and other support services.
Hotel Congress is launching Del Bac 1919, a private label whiskey by Whiskey Del Bac in honor of Hotel Congress’s upcoming 100th year anniversary!
Plus Dillinger Brewing Honey Porter and Borderlands Toole IPA!
Entertainment all evening: Pop up 1930s memorabilia museum with vintage firefighting equipment, Brothers Macabre Turn of The Century Magicians, singer Katherine Byrnes and photo booth.
7pm– Desert Melodies
8pm – Dancehall Dames
8pm – Kings of Pleasure
8:15pm – Johnny Hotshot “John Dillinger” Gun Show
Tickets are $30 per person, 21+, and limited to 200 guests. This event sells out every year!
Dillinger Days – Saturday, January 21
9 am to 5 pm
The 2017 Dillinger Days family-friendly festivities include three Dillinger’s capture reenactments, historical artifacts exhibit, vintage car show, historic lectures, arts & crafts, historical walking tours of downtown, and the actual Tommy Gun on display. Free and open to the public!
|2017 Festivities Include:|
|9am - Arts and Crafts & Carnival Games Open|
|10am – Talk: “A Nine Ring Legal Circus” by Andy Dowdle|
|10 - 10:50am - Live Music|
|11am – Dillinger Re-Enactment - Full Show! Check out the Front Row Seats!|
|11:45am – Dillinger Historic Walking Tour|
|11:45am – 1pm – Live Entertainment|
|1:15pm – Dillinger Re-Enactment - Full Show!|
|2pm - Dillinger Historic Walking Tour|
|2 - 3:15pm - Live Entertainment|
|3:30pm – Dillinger Re-Enactment - Full Show! Check out the Front Row Seats!|
|4:15pm- Talk: “The 1930’s – Tucson’s Last Quiet Decade” by Ken Scoville|
|4:15–5pm - Live Music|
|5pm – 25¢ Film Screening of Public of Enemies (2009) at The Screening Room, 127 East Congress St.|
|5 pm - Danny Martin Dillinger Days Art in the Lobby Opening|
Front Row Seats for DILLINGER Reenactments at 11am and 3:30Pm
Enjoy a front row seat at our Dillinger Reenactments. A ticket includes a brunch entrée and non-alcoholic beverage, plus a 2017 Dillinger Days commemorative gift. – $30 each
11:00 am Front Row Seat Tickets – SOLD OUT!!
1:15 pm Front Row Seat Tickets
3:30 pm Front Row Seat Tickets
Special Film Screenings of Public Enemies (2009)
Only 25¢ will get you into The Screening Room, 127 East Congress St.
Fri, Jan 20, 2017 – 4pm
Sat, Jan 21, 2017 – 11am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm
Sun, Jan 22, 2017 – 11am, 2pm, 8pm
A Special Thank You to our 2017 Dillinger Days Sponsors!
Other January 2017 Events
- 12/31/16 New Year’s Eve: Old Vegas – SELL OUT WARNING!
- 12/31/16 Maynards Late Night New Year’s Eve 2016 w/ DJs Desert Deer & D!
- 01/1/17 The Morning After: New Year’s Day Vegas Buffet
- 01/1/17 Salem the Bear’s Annual Food Drive
- 01/1/17 Ynot Late Night Karaoke
- 01/2/17 Random Acts of Karaoke
- 01/3/17 Geeks Who Drink Pub Quiz
- 01/4/17 Lowlife Tour Kick-Off
- 01/5/17 Tom Walbank CD Release
- 01/5/17 Optimist Club
- 01/6/17 Antwon
- 01/7/17 LEGENDZ
- 01/7/17 SATURDAZE Dance Party
- 01/8/17 TV Girl
- 01/10/17 Amped Up!
- 01/11/17 Ryan Chavira / Circuitous Vibes / Dadsdad / Parityflux
- 01/12/17 Martin Sexton
- 01/13/17 UA Presents Matt Haimovitz’s Moveable Feast
- 01/13/17 Tucson Fringe Festival Day 1
- 01/13/17 Tucson John hosts Maynard’s Late Night: DJs Adan and Melissa, Friday the 13th Special Set!!!
- 01/13/17 Tucson Jazz Festival Presents Alex Weitz
- 01/14/17 Tucson Fringe Festival Day 2
- 01/14/17 Maynard’s Late Night Soul Party : DJ JOHN PAYNE plays from his vinyl SOUL Collection!
- 01/15/17 Tucson Fringe Festival Day 3
- 01/17/17 The Switch Comedy Show
- 01/18/17 Architecture
- 01/20/17 Dillinger Speakeasy
- 01/20/17 El Tambó: Turbo Sonidero x DJ Dirtyverbs
- 01/21/17 Dillinger Days
- 01/21/17 Retro Game Show Night – The Family Fuss
- 01/22/17 Howe Gelb Future Standards Record Release Party
- 01/24/17 BOYTOY
- 01/27/17 Amadee
- 01/28/17 Rich Hopkins & The Luminarios