As a locally owned and operated hospitality company for nearly 100 years, Hotel Congress has a long tradition of supporting nonprofit organizations serving the Tucson community. We are so proud to be a partner in all of the exciting progress currently underway in Tucson’s downtown neighborhoods, we have decided to focus our philanthropic efforts by investing in initiatives and partnerships with human service and arts & culture organizations that specifically serve the needs of downtown Tucson through a variety of grants and community giving programs.
Applications for the 2019 Hotel Congress are now closed. Recipients will be announced in December.
Congratulations to our 2018 Grant Recipients!
Women’s Warriors, Act One, and City High School
Annual Community Giving Program
Once a year, Hotel Congress reviews grant requests of $10,000 or less from nonprofit organizations for initiatives that support downtown Tucson. Organizations interested in applying for a grant must be able to provide:
- A narrative description with specific information regarding how the grant would be used and how many people will benefit from the contribution.
- A copy of an IRS Letter of Determination showing that the organization is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
- An active Board of Directors list with name, title, and occupation.
- A current list of volunteers and contributors
- An easy to understand budget and financial statements.
- Information regarding how Hotel Congress employees might learn more or become involved in the organization.
Grant application for the 2019 year will close on September 30, 2019
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Hotel Congress provides donations of food, gift certificates, products, supplies and facilities to non-profit organizations serving downtown Tucson. Organizations seeking in-kind support can click here to complete our in-kind request form. Please note, no in-kind requests by phone, email or in-person can be processed.
- The online donation form must be filled out completely in order for your request to be considered. This includes submitting attachments such as a formal request letter, auction request form or event flyer/brochure.
- Organizations must be a non-profit 501(c)(3) entity.
- Your request for an item must be submitted via the online donation form and must be received by Hotel Congress at least 4 weeks prior to your event, though we do ask that you not submit more than 3 months in advance.
- An organization is eligible to receive only one donated item per year.
- Due to limited resources, we are only able to support organizations in Tucson.
- Submitting a request does not guarantee a donation.
- We are unable to place follow-up calls regarding each donation request. If you have not received a response within two weeks of your request, please email the In-Kind Program at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donations are for charitable purposes only (e.g., auctions and raffles). We cannot provide sales incentives, corporate gifts, or donations to for-profit entities or individuals.
Due to the high volume of requests we receive, these guidelines must be followed in order to be considered for an in-kind item.