Recipe: Dutch Baby Pancake
Already dreaming of the Dutch Baby Pancake we’re serving for Easter Brunch this April 1st? Make it at home with Executive Chef Brian Smith’s recipe!
Dutch Baby Pancakes
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 ounces (72 grams) all-purpose flour, approximately
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar, to taste
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the cast iron in the oven to get it hot.
- Pulse together the flour, sugar and salt in a blender of food processor. Add the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and melted butter, and blend the batter until smooth and frothy, 30 to 45 seconds.
- Carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven, add 1 tablespoon of butter, and immediately pour the batter into the center. Bake for 12 minutes. Do not open the oven while baking. The Dutch baby will puff up in the center and the edges will be dark and crispy.
- Serve warm with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and lemon wedges for squeezing.
Strawberry Lime Preserve
- Fresh strawberries
- Lime juice
- Add all items to a small pot and cook down until mixture is slightly thick. Reserve warm.
Manhattan Maple Syrup
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 ea Vanilla bean (scraped)
- 1 ea Orange zest
- ½ oz Bourbon
- Combine all items and reserve.