Recipe: Baked Eggs
Make Cup Cafe’s famous Baked Eggs in your own kitchen with this recipe!
- 2 oz diced ham
- 2 eggs, whole cracked
- 1 oz chopped leeks
- 1tsp chopped garlic
- 3 oz heavy cream
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs white wine
- 2 slices of gruyere cheese
- Pinch of chopped fresh herbs (tarragon/ parsley/chives/chervil)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a small cast iron (4”) skillet, sauté the ham, leeks, and garlic in a touch of oil for 1 minute, then reduce with wine.
- Add cream, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Drop in eggs. Continue to boil for 45 seconds.
- Top with gruyere and bake in 500° F oven until eggs are set (2 minutes)