Recipe: Carrot Cake
Thank you to everyone who joined us on Thanksgiving! If you missed it, here is a recipe for the crowd favorite, Carrot Cake!
- ¾ c vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ¼ c flour
- 1 ¾ sugar
- 2 ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 carrots, grated
- ½ c pineapple, small chopped
- 1 c coconut, sweetened/shredded
- In a mixing bowl, beat the oil, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla together for several minutes.
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add them to the mixing bowl and beat until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the carrots, pineapple, and coconut just to combine. Pour the batter out into prepared cake pans of your choosing, sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake the cakes for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 12 oz cream cheese frosting
- 4 oz butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ pounds powdered sugar
- 2-4 T heavy cream
- 2 tsp maple extract
1. Beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth, scrape down the bowl as needed to get the lumps out.
2. Slowly add the powdered sugar to your mixing bowl and once it’s incorporated, increase the speed to beat the frosting smooth. Add the heavy cream as needed for your desired frosting thickness. Maple extract can be omitted if desired.