Planning to stay in this Valentine’s Day? Use this simple recipe to make something sweet for your Valentine!
Remember – With only two ingredients, these are easy to throw together, but your strawberries are only as good as the quality of ingredients you use, so get the best that you can.
1. Wash your berries and lay them out on a paper towel to dry them. Make sure they are completely dry because even a drop of water can cause chocolate to seize up and create an unsightly result.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Each strawberry should have about an inch or two of space between the next.
3. Melt your chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. The key to both is just to melt it low and slow, as to not burn your chocolate.
4. Dip your strawberries one at a time. Gently peel the leaves back to hold onto as you dip (or hold by the stem if there is one) the bottom ¾ of the strawberry into the melted chocolate.
5. Shake off any excess chocolate. Scrape the bottom of the strawberry against the side of the bowl before transferring to the baking sheet. Repeat until all the strawberries are dipped. Give each strawberry a light push, sliding each down about a ¼- ½ inch, this prevents a “foot” from forming along the bottom of the berry.
Go the extra mile and decorate your strawberries with an extra drizzle of chocolate, a sprinkle of chopped nuts, or even sprinkles!