Maybe you’ve had our delicious vegan Falafel in the Falafel Tacos or the Lettuce Wraps. Either way, you know how versatile these tasty fritters can be! Show us how you use them with #CongressRecipe.
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped well
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped well
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1.5 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander, ground
- 1.25 cup garbanzo flour
- 1 tsp cayenne
- juice from 3 lemons
- 1 tbsp salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup blended oil
- Mix all ingredients except flour in a food processor. Use as little oil as possible. The mixture should be lumpy, not smooth like hummus.
- Place blend into a stainless bowl. Add flour and mix by hand.
- Shape one fritter and test in fryer to make sure it doesn’t fall apart during cooking. If it does, add a bit more flour and test again.
- Shape and fry the rest at 350° F.
- Store for up to 3 days.