Recipe: Lemon Ginger Snap Pie
It’s baking season! Whip up this divine Lemon Ginger Snap Pie in your own kitchen with Cup Pastry Chef Carol’s recipe.
Show us your creation by tagging @hotelcongress and using the hashtag #CupCafeRecipe in your photos!
Yields: one 9-inch tart
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cup graham crumbs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 T ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 T butter, melted
For the filling:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix all of the ingredients together for the crust and push evenly into a 9 inch pie pan.
- Whisk the egg yolks until tripled in volume, can be done by hand or with a mixer. Stir in the remaining ingredients once the yolks are whipped.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes. The filling will start to puff up and brown around the edges, once set the filling will jiggle as a whole, not looking wet in the center.
- Refrigerate your pie for 4 hours, or overnight. Enjoy with whipped cream!