Recipe: Wheat Berry Salad
The new summer menu at Maynards takes local and seasonal food to a new level. Try this fresh salad at home, or just come in and we will do the work for you!
Wheat Berry Salad
- 4 cups wheat berries (fully cooked and cooled)
- 2 peaches cut into slices
- ½ cup dried peaches
- Tajin vinaigrette (see below)
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1 cup toasted crushed almonds
- Combine the wheat berries, peaches, arugula and half the almonds. Toss in the tajin vinaigrette making sure not to overdress the salad.
- Place salad in bowl and top with more almonds and goat cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 3/4 cups lime juice, fresh
- 1.5 cups canola oil
- ¼ cup tajin
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tbs water
- In a blender combine everything except for the oil and blend until smooth. Slowly drizzle with oil to emulsify.