Recipe: Romaine & Grilled Radicchio Salad
You’ve read up on The Penedes, now try this Spanish-inspired dish at home with Chef Brian’s recipe!
Romaine & Grilled Radicchio Salad
with melon, sherry vinaigrette, iberico ham and pine nuts
- 2 ea. medium sized romaine heads (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1/2 ea. radicchio head (cut in half, root end intact) reserve other half for later use
- 1.5 cups Sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 oz thinly sliced Jamon iberico ham
- 1 cup cantaloupe (sliced thin)
- In a small bowl place ¾ cups of the sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey and whisk until smooth, slowly whisk in the olive oil to emulsify. Set aside.
- Toss the head of radicchio lightly in a little bit of the sherry vinaigrette and place on a well-oiled grill and grill on both sides over high heat until lightly charred. Cool and cut into thin strips about 2 inches long.
- Combine the romaine and radicchio in a medium sized bowl and toss to coat with the sherry vinaigrette, place in a serving bowl and top with the toasted pine nuts followed by the ham, cheese and the melon. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.